Want to Refuse a USPS package and don’t know how to do it? Read this post till the end. You will find all the information here.
USPS delivers packages throughout the world, so people use various services to use them to receive and send packages. Sometimes people fill another address by mistake, thereby causing packages not to reach the receiver and you receive another person’s packages.
In the first place, we have to know what does Refusing a package means. it means you don’t want to accept that package, or you can’t accept a package because of some issues.
How do you refuse USPS deliveries? Here are two conditions that must be met when you decide to refuse that package. Let’s find out more about that.
How To Refuse A Package USPS
USPS delivers packages throughout the world, so people can use various services to use them to receive and send packages. Sometimes people fill another address by mistake, thereby causing packages not to reach the receiver and you receive another person’s packages.
Now you will have the option to refuse that package, thereby the package will return to the sender. Sometimes this happens to customers due to many reasons or by mistake. or
If you can’t be at home when a package arrives or you have other issues with packages, then you can tell them to refuse that package.
Conditions When your Refusal or Return Can Be Done:
Here are the conditions when a Refusal or Return can be done, but this is not only for USPSmail orders. It is also valid with orders from other online stores. I hope you can understand this.
- If you received a damaged product, you could return it.
- if the Package contains is missing, then you can return or refuse your Package.
- The package you’ve received does not belong to you, and you haven’t even opened it, so you may be eligible for the return.
- If you’re not at your home and don’t want a package that time, you can hold or refuse that Package.
Following Items May Not Be Refused
- Package/mail sent as registered mail or certified mail.
- Response mail to the addresses like sales promotion and announcement mail.
- If you signed the acknowledgement receipt at delivery time, then you can’t refuse the Package.
These are the possible reasons why some items might not be returned or might be returned. Hopefully, you get the info.
Refuse the USPS Mail/package At the Time of delivery
If you find the package is not yours or any other reason that I mentioned above, you can refuse the package.
Refusal After the delivery of Package
If you get a Package that you don’t want because it’s not yours, you can return it to the sender by writing “Refused” on the box or front of that package, but the condition is that a package must not be opened, then you may return the package.
STEPS OF USPS PACKAGE REFUSAL AND RETURN
- If you don’t want the Package and it reaches you, then you can write ‘refused’ on the Package’s top and refuse it.
- If your shipment is on the way to you or it comes to the delivery address and want to refuse that Package, you need to inform about the mail/package to the post office.
Here is the process of how you return the Package.
- Write ‘Refused’ on the mailbox or on that Package, and then you can to return. [I recommend you to use a black marker to write Refused because it can be easier for anyone to understand.]
- Make the dark line or cross on the barcode and address. [ you can also ask customer support or post office staff about that.]
- Drop the Package in the post office’s mailbox or hand over to the head or clerk of the post office.
Please note that if you opened the package, it would not be refused.
- How to Cancel Hold Mail Request USPS Online
- How to Raise a Complaint in USPS
- How to Return USPS Package to Sender?
Does USPS Charge For The Returned Packages?
No, There is no charge for the return of the package if it was delivered to the wrong address.
If the shipment service is insured First-Class Mail, First-Class Package Service, First-Class Commercial, and Priority Mail, then it can be returned without incurring any extra charges.
Who Pays For The Refused Package or Shipment?
Customers will not have to pay for the Packages they refuse; the sender will pay.
How long does it take for a refused USPS package to be returned to the sender?
Package Delivery usually occurs in 5–7 days. If any issues arise in the backend, delivery typically takes 1-2 weeks.
The concept of refusing and returning will be clear to you now, and you will now know how to refuse and return a USPS package. And,
We hope you’ll find all your answers to your questions. If you still need more information, you can log into USPS.com and get in touch with our Customer Support team.
If you have any doubt, comment down below, I’ll try and answer your questions, and if this info helps you, don’t forget to share it with friends and family.