People often ask a question such as Can I pick up a package from USPS before delivery? In order to receive their package on time.
Therefore, they wish to know how to collect a Package from USPS before delivery. In order to find out the answer to this question, please read this post till the end.
It is common for people to purchase something online but is unable to wait for the delivery. Is this what you are going through? If so, I have good news for you, which you’ll get to know from the post.
Let’s get started.
Can I Pickup A Package From USPS Before Delivery
Can I Pick Up A Package From USPS Before Delivery? Yes, you can pick up your package from USPS before delivery, but many things vary; for e.g., your delivery location, post office location, and your valid reason for doing so, and many others.
USPS Package Intercept
The first method is package intercept. If you need your parcel before delivery, then this method is for you. Using this feature, you can redirect your package to a different address if it reaches the delivery destination, or you can hold a package that has not yet arrived at your doorstep.
The intercept option only works with letters, parcels, and flats with a tracking barcode. And it requires some approval to use this service. To use this service, you need to contact your local post office or log in to your USPS account and see if your package is eligible for Intercept.
You can also use this link. The link indicates whether or not you are eligible. Once your application is approved, you can collect your parcel before delivery.
How to avail of this service
- You just have to confirm that you’re eligible or not.
- Once you get the confirmation, login into your USPS account.
- Request with that package that you want this package before delivery and submit all the details.
- This process requires some kind of approval process, and once they approve you, you will get a message from USPS.
- If you got a confirmation email, congrats, you’re now eligible to get the package before delivery.
Simply go to the post office and collect your package and enjoy!
Restrictions on package Intercept
- Shipments with a barcode can avail of this service
- Packages girth and length should be not more than 274cm.
- This service only works with all domestic mail services, not with periodicals and USPS marketing mails.
- You don’t have to pay any fee if your package is not intercepted, and if your package is intercepted, then charges will apply to each request.
- The intercept fee is non-refundable once the payment is completed.
- There are a few more restrictions that you can see on the official website.
Hold for pickup on USPS
If you choose the Hold for Pickup service, you can go to the post office and pick up your package by yourself, but you have to inform them beforehand.
Once USPS has accepted it, the company will send you an email regarding package hold confirmation; however, this option is only available for priority mail express service users.
You can go and collect your order once your package goes on Hold. However, if you don’t get there within 4-5 days, you’ll be notified again by email and message.
Note: If you cannot pick up your package within 15 days, it will be returned to the sender.
Sometimes they won’t let you pick by yourself. Then you’ll have to wait until that package is delivered to you.
This service works on:
- Hold service only works on Priority Mail express Packages
This service does not work on:
- Hold service does not work on First-Class Mail letters, flats, and others.
Can I Pick Up Package From USPS Without Notice?
if my package is at the post office, can I pick it up
Is USPS Package Intercept Free?
How Much Does USPS Package Intercept Cost?
All the information regarding Can I pick up a package from USPS before delivery has been displayed. Hence I am hoping that all your questions have been clarified after reading this.
You can’t collect your package before delivery without any approval notice. You have to pass through the approval process, After receiving approval, you can collect your packages.
The possibility of getting approval quickly might be higher if you have any valid reason, such as an emergency that prevents you from delivering the parcel or if you might not be in the house when it’s delivered.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding Can I Pick Up A Package From USPS Before Deliv, please contact the post office or customer care; they will help you with this matter.