Got FedEx status Package not due for delivery and don’t know what it means? When will the package be delivered to you? Read the post till the end to know all about it.
What does FedEx status Package not due for delivery mean?
FedEx has your item ready for delivery but won’t execute so until the planned delivery date. This is known as a parcel that is not due for delivery. It simply implies that although your shipment has arrived, FedEx will hold off on delivering it until the delivery window.
What is the reason behind FedEx’s actions?
FedEx may keep an item longer than the due date and delay delivery for a variety of reasons.
It seems to be possible for the following:
- To finish the product delivery, no drivers are available.
- The shipper chose a precise delivery date. However, it has not yet occurred.
- Weekend delivery was excluded from the shipper’s economy service, even though it was the weekend.
- Deliveries that are booked for that day fill the vehicle to capacity. Therefore those must obviously come first. Early item delivery is not possible in this area.
- The shipment had an issue and was either withdrawn or returned to the shipper.
It is vital to comprehend that FedEx strives to adhere to its timetable in order for its logistics to function as efficiently and effectively.
It stands to reason for the business to keep the item until the planned delivery day if a package has come earlier than expected.
This manages expectations and ensures that clients may continue to choose the more expensive rapid delivery alternatives.
What is the status of my package when I receive a FedEx “Package Not Due for Delivery” update?
The FedEx facility nearest to your address, the destination sort facility, is where your package is currently located. The next stage will be for the vehicle to depart for delivery when everything has been organized.
Due to the fact that it is not yet due, it will stay at the facility until a later vehicle arrives to pick it up for delivery.
What are the FedEx delivery statuses?
You can see various FedEx delivery statuses, such as follow.
|In Transit||At local FedEx Facility Left FedEx origin Facility On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery Clearance Delay (International Shipments)|
|Delivery Exception||Customer not available or business closedNo delivery attempt|
How To Locate Your FedEx Package
- Click on Track after finding the 12-digit tracking number on your FedEx International Air Waybill.
- You may find your shipment using the FedEx InSight option without a tracking or reference number. Additionally, you have the option to opt into notifications regarding the progress of your shipment.
- You can also email [email protected] with your tracking number in the subject line. The location of your package will then be included in an email sent to you.
Is FedEx Package Not Due for Delivery—Can I Pick It Up?
After you receive this update, you will be able to pick up your shipment from the facility. For this, FedEx “Hold at Location” is intended.
You may easily get in touch with FedEx customer support and ask them to hold the package—even though, in reality, they already have—so you can pick it up in person. The website also allows you to organize a “Hold at Location” and manage your parcels.
It signifies FedEx has set a delivery date, but the delivery hasn’t yet taken place on that date.
Of course, you can. For all FedEx Ground and FedEx Express services, FedEx will keep your package for up to 7 days before returning it to the shipper. Carry your door tag number, government-issued photo ID, and your tracking number.
If there is currently no planned delivery date, either FedEx does not have a delivery estimate, or they do not yet have the package. If your package is delayed or there is a handling problem, you can get this status.
FedEx has your item ready for delivery but won’t do so until the planned delivery date. This is known as a parcel that is not due for delivery.
When a package’s tracking indicates that delivery is not yet scheduled, It’s possible that the truck is already loaded with deliveries that are scheduled for that day, which must obviously take precedence.
The shipment had an issue and was withdrawn or returned to the shipper. The package delivery cannot be finished without a driver.
The delivery date that the shipper selected has not yet come to pass. Weekend delivery was excluded from the shipper’s economy service, even though it was the weekend. I hope you found this post helpful.
Let us know if you have any questions about this post, and don’t forget to share it if you liked it and found it helpful.
Originally posted 2022-11-29 11:00:00.