We often need to check our track history in business, or after a few weeks, we need to show someone; or we have to note somewhere due to any work.
Then How long does USPS keep a record of tracking and delivery confirmation? Must come to your mind.
USPS is one of the best providers of postal services, delivering hundreds of parcels each day in every state of the United States.
For its customers, it provides a tracking system that keeps them informed about their package’s progress. Businesses often rely on USPS services.
The US Postal Service stores the shipment history in the database. As business owners, we need to know the tracking information at any time, even after the shipment has been delivered, for the sake of managing all our operations. Therefore, it bothers many people, but don’t worry,
In this post, I have explained How Long Does USPS Keep Tracking Info and other details we should read to the end.
How Long Does Usps Keep Tracking Information?
The answer is that USPS does not keep tracking histories for life; there is a time frame for each service, along with the duration of the retention. Therefore, your shipping class determines just how long USPS keeps tracking information.
However, the maximum number of days can go up to three years, and the minimum number of days is 120. Take a look at the mail classes and their time period for keeping the information.
- General USPS mail service: The maximum period is 120 days. Tracking records are only kept for 120 days or four months by the United States Postal Service.
- Certified Mail service, Priority Mail Express service, Registered Mail service, and Numbered International Mail services: Approximately two years. Despite the differences in their mail services, the records are kept for the same amount of time.
- Signature Confirmation service: 1-year maximum. This service’s records are only kept for one year.
- Adult Signature Restricted Delivery Mail/Adult Signature Required: Up to three years.
USPS recently introduced its premium tracking service, which allows you to save the package tracking history for up to 10 years. But there is a fee associated with the service, so you’ll have to pay in order to use it.
Here is more information on USPS Premium Tracking.
- How Long Does USPS Hold Undeliverable Mail?
- [Guide] Track Package Without Tracking Number in USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL
- USPS Tracking Not Updating – How to solve it?
As you have read, the article provides information about How Long Does Usps Keep Tracking Information. I hope you understand all the information now.
It is now clear that all the services have different timeframes. However, USPS holds onto the data for more than a year and for a shorter period of 120 days.
Aside from that, there is also the option of requesting archived tracking information several times within the given period. Additionally, you can set up premium tracking to keep your data in the database for up to ten years.
Please feel free to comment down below if you have any questions. If you liked the post and found it useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Originally posted 2022-08-14 13:18:22.