Have you lost your courier tracking number or not received your package tracking number and are worried about your package/mail tracking?
Here’s how you can track a package without a tracking number in FedEx, USPS, DHL, and UPS.
There is this question that many [who have packages through any courier, and they have lost their tracking number] ask on the internet, so I have written this post after having experienced all this myself some time ago.
Every day, thousands of packages are delivered and shipped to their destinations; leading companies, including USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL, assign a unique tracking number to each package.
Tracking numbers are used to determine where a package is right now, when it will arrive, and which warehouses it has passed through, etc. Occasionally, we lose our tracking number or don’t receive it due to technical problems.
As we all know, without tracking numbers, updates of the package will not be possible, so we worry about it. Is this what you’re experiencing? Here you will find everything you need to know about Track Package Without Tracking Number in various courier companies.
How To Track A Package Without A Tracking Number?
How do I track my package without a tracking number? The answer is No, you can’t track your package without the tracking number, but there are ways to check the latest updates regarding the mail and packages.
I am dividing this post into four parts that will cover the four companies’ different ways of tracking packages. But first, let’s know where you can find the tracking number if your tracking number is lost.
Where can I easily find the package tracking id?
Below I’m sharing a few locations where you can easily be able to find the tracking id, so check carefully.
- Look at the shipping receipt which you’ve got from the Post Office
- The Post Office may have given you a sales receipt when you bought insurance; check there.
- If your package has been shipped, then you will receive an email confirmation; check there.
- An email confirmation of shipping that was sent to you by an online retailer
- Check the peel-off portion of the USPS tracking label at the bottom
If you are not able to locate the tracking number at these locations, then below are the ways to track the mailbox without a tracking number in several courier companies, including USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
Related Post: What If I Lost USPS Tracking Number and How to find a lost USPS tracking number?
How To Track Package Without Tracking Number USPS?
Among the many services provided by USPS, this is yet another great one, which allows tracking of packages without a tracking number very easily.
So if you lost your USPS tracking number or cannot be able to find it,
Following all the steps in the below-mentioned method should get you the results you’re looking for.
- Visit the USPS official site of USPS, which is USPS.com, and Log in to your account.
Create an account if you don’t already have one.
- View your dashboard by going to the My USPS section.
- On the package overview page, you will see a list of all the packages you’ve received recently. Dashboards provide many additional details that are not available through tracking.
- In the main part of the page, there is an option to view an unknown estimated delivery date. Click it to see it.
- Create a shipping label by entering the order number and clicking the scan button.
- That’s all you need to do, and you’ll see the latest updates and delivery estimates for your package and mails.
Hopefully, you are now able to track your package and check the latest USPS package status updates.
Related Post: USPS Tracking Number Examples and Format
Track UPS Package Without Tracking Number
There is also an option for UPS to track deliveries without a tracking number. The fact that this feature is so useful makes it one of my favorites. Tracking a package is as simple as following the steps below carefully.
Whenever a package is shipped with UPS, it comes along with a reference number and tracking number. Therefore, when your parcel is shipped with UPS, you will receive a reference that will now assist in tracking.
A reference number consists of a combination of letters and numbers that can reach 35 characters. The next step is to track the package.
- First of all, go to the official website of UPS which is UPS.com.
- From the upper navigation bar, click on the tracking button.
- Now, on the right side of your tracking page, you will see a track with a reference number; click on it.
- Fill out all the required information on that widget, such as the reference number, the shipping type, the date range, the shipper account, and the country of destination.
Note: The destination and shipper accounts do not need to be filled out, so you can leave them as they are. Although completing this information will facilitate tracking the package quickly.
- Click on the track button to view the tracking updates for the package.
UPS InfoNote is another option to locate your address if the carrier isn’t able to locate your package. This service requires the use of an InfoNote reference number with which it can provide information about the package. Visit the official website for more information.
Track FedEx Package Without Tracking Number
If you have lost your FedEx tracking number and are concerned about how you will track your package moving forward. It’s okay, don’t worry.
FedEx offers tracking options that allow users to track the package/mail without a tracking number.
To do so, please follow the below-mentioned steps and track your package.
- Go to the official site of FedEx, which is Fedex.com.
- Select the language you prefer when asked.
- From the navigation bar, select the tracking link.
- Click on the all tracking option as shown in the above image.
- There you’ll find an option to track your package with the reference number; click on it.
- Enter the shipping information, including the FedEx reference number, the destination zip code, the ship date, and the account number.
- To find out more about it, click on the track button.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to find out the package tracking status without the tracking number very easily.
Related post: What Does In Transit To Destination Mean?
Track DHL Package Without Tracking Number
As you read above about all the major companies, now let’s learn how to track a package without a tracking number with DHL. This means that if you’ve lost your tracking number, you won’t have much to worry about.
To check the status of the package/mail that has been shipped by DHL without a tracking number, simply follow the below steps.
- First, visit the official website of DHL which is dhl.com.
- From the upper menu bar, click on the track the package link.
- Now, you’ll get an option to track with the reference number; click on it. See the above image.
- By clicking on it, you’ll be taken to DHL’s official tracking page.
- Fill out the details, including the reference number, the account number, the destination, and the date.
- Now click on the track button to see the latest updates about the package.
Note: If your package is in transit, the web page will display only its estimated arrival time.
What if None of the Alternative Tracking Options Work?
There is also the last option that allows you to track any package sent by any company; however, you must have to keep the receipt that you received from the carrier while sending the package.
If none of the options work, contact courier customer support and let them know the problem. You must provide them with all the details accurately, such as the order name, shipment date, where it was shipped, and phone number.
You will surely be assisted by them in this regard, however. They may inform you of the details at that time or else say they will contact you about the shipment status within 24-48 hours.
Contact details of these courier services.
|USPS||Contact Online – Click here|
Customer care – (800) 275-8777
|UPS||Contact Online – Click here|
Customer care – (800) 742-5877
|FedEx||Contact Online – Click here|
Customer care – (800) 463-3339
|DHL||Contact Online – Click here|
Customer care – (800) 225-5345
Related Post: What Does Departed USPS Regional Facility Mean?
No, It’s not possible to track a parcel by your name because there are hundreds of people with the same name, but few companies allow users to track packages by name, but they also want other information along with it.
In case you have lost your tracking number, the reference number can be used to track your package, and also, you can contact customer service to know about your package.
There is no option to track a parcel with an address. Therefore, it is necessary for you to provide the tracking ID or reference number so that the package can be tracked.
No, It is not possible without the tracking number. In any case, you can use an informed delivery service to find out when the package will arrive. Additionally, you can contact customer support to know more about the package.
You have seen the above details about How To Track A Package Without A Tracking Number. Hopefully, you have now gained a better understanding of how to track and have no questions remaining.
In the event that none of the options work, you may have to wait until the delivery date to receive your package; however, you can contact customer support to find out the latest information.
Feel free to leave a comment below with any questions you may have. I’d love to answer that question, and if you enjoyed this post and found it useful, please share it with your friends.
Originally posted 2022-08-03 21:20:00.
4 thoughts on “[Guide] Track Package Without Tracking Number in USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL”
everything is well explained, thank you for sharing about Track Package Without Tracking Number In USPS.
Hey, thank you for providing such an excellent explanation. I was able to get the tracking number back and I can now track the package. thanks again!
Is there any other way to track the FedEx package without a tracking number? thanks!
Thank you so much for providing such a comprehensive explanation. I also spoke with the customer representative about the package now that it has been tracked. Thank you again!